Abington School District has implemented the policy that parent volunteers are REQUIRED to have volunteer ID badges. Below are information on how to obtain volunteer clearances via online links.
Parent volunteers include (but not limited to):
- Homeroom Parents
- Field trip chaperones
- Classroom Volunteers
- Library Volunteers
- Volunteers for school events during the school day
- Volunteers for school events during after school/evening hours.
For a complete description of how to obtain clearances and a volunteer ID badge, please see the Abington SD document.
Please note that once you’ve obtained the necessary clearances, it’s good for 60 months (5 years).
Those who have been a resident of the State of PA for the last TEN (10) years (without interruption) and can affirm in a Statement of Exemption -documents available via Abington SD document, need the following TWO (2) clearances:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Background Check. Click here to go to the State Police website to get your clearance.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse Clearance. Click here to go to go to the Child Welfare Portal to get your clearance.
Those who have NOT been a resident of the State of PA for the last TEN (10) years will need the above 2 clearances in addition to the following:
- Federal Criminal History Record provided by the FBI after fingerprinting (click here to register for fingerprinting).
Once you have obtained all 2 or 3 (depending on your residence status) of your clearances, please bring the ORIGINAL documents to the Office of Human Resources located at the Administration Building at 970 Highland Avenue. Originals are required by state law and a copy will be made and the original will be returned to you. You will receive a volunteer ID badge after you submit all of your clearances at the Administration Building.