Here’s what’s happening at Overlook this week…
- TALENT SHOW: Tryouts will be Friday February 1 after school from 3:30 to 5:30. Interested participants should complete the paper form by TUESDAY, JANUARY 29. The talent show is scheduled for Friday February 22, 7:00-8:30 PM and the dress rehearsal will be held on Tuesday February 9, after school from 3:30 to 5:30. All performances must be 3 minutes or less. Questions: contact Jenny at email@example.com.
- BLINGO: Can you wrap gift baskets like a pro? We are looking for a small team of volunteers who are interested in helping collect, sort and wrap up donations for the BLINGO event Fri 3/22/19. We have one great volunteer, but she needs some friends to share the fun. Great opportunity for the parent who wants to be involved in school events but may not be available during school hours. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details! (Wondering what BLINGO is all about? Check out the event flyer from last year here.)
- Speaking of BLINGO… Do you or someone you know have a small business, local business or home business that would like to donate to the school as a way to advertise to our community? Opportunities include donating items/products/services/gift cards to the 3/22/19 BLINGO event or donating financially toward the 4/13/19 5K event. If you do, please reach out to email@example.com or 5K@overlookvolunteers.com. Formal request letters and Tax ID information available. Even a small donation makes a big difference!
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM: Begins this Wednesday after school until 4:30. If you do not receive a confirmation letter with your child’s class assignment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRETZEL DAY is WEDNESDAY! Don’t forget to send in your $0.50 on TUESDAY for a Wednesday delivery.
- MARKER RECYCLING: Don’t forget, the PTO collects your dried up markers for recycling. Just send them to school. There is a collection box outside of the office by the box tops collection container.
- SAVE THE DATES:
- CHIPOTLE FUNDRAISER: February 4th from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm at the Chipotle in Abington, 1437 Old York Road. A flyer will be posted on Facebook that you can use at the register in either digital or printed forms or you can just mention that you are from Overlook. In order to receive a check for 33% of sales we need $300 in total sales. Spread the word to friends and family.
- PTO MEETING February 25 at 7:00 pm in the Overlook Library. Dr. Fecher will be joining us for a presentation and to answer any questions. There will also be a vote on the proposed PTO Bylaws amendments attached here at the February 25th PTO meeting. There will be time allocated for any questions before the formal vote to accept these amendments. A copy of the current bylaws can be read here. If you have any questions prior to the February 25th board meeting, feel free to contact the PTO Executive Board at email@example.com.