Here’s what’s happening this week:
- SNOWBALL DANCE: Overlook Students bring your favorite adult and let’s dance the night away! There will be a DJ, dance competitions, door prizes & lots of treats to enjoy! Pre-registration is required – no tickets will be sold at the door. Registration must be received no later than January 18, 2019. Register online at the School Store or with the paper flyer. PARENT VOLUNTEERS ARE NEEDED! Please SIGN UP HERE to volunteer. You can also sign up to bring a dessert on the same link.
- AFTER SCHOOL ENRICHMENT PROGRAM: ASEP is a 5 week program that allows students to stay after school until 4:30 to explore special interests or try something new. The program is open to students from Kindergarten through Sixth grade, including children in the Y after care program. It will be held on 5 Wednesdays starting Jan. 30th and costs $30 per student. Online Registration and Payment is encouraged via the School Store and is due due Fri. Jan 18th.
- CHESS CLUB: This free 5-week program will be held Mondays starting on 1/28 after school until 4:20. Students will have a chance to learn and play chess in a non-competitive setting. Members of the Abington Senior High School Chess Team will be joining us to teach basic moves and strategies. This program is open to grades 4 and up. Beginners are welcome! Registrations are due Friday January 18, 2019.
- Can you wrap gift baskets like a pro? We are looking for a small team of volunteers who are interested in helping collect, sort and wrap up donations for the BLINGO event Fri 3/22/19. We have one great volunteer, but they need some friends to share the fun. Great opportunity for the parent who wants to be involved in school events but may not be available during school hours. Email email@example.com for more details! (Wondering what BLINGO is all about? Check out the event flyer from last year here.)
Speaking of BLINGO… Do you or someone you know have a small business, local business or home business that would like to donate an item to the 3/22/19 BLINGO event as a way to advertise to our community? If you do, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. Formal request letters and Tax ID information available. Even a small donation makes a big difference!
- PRETZEL DAY is WEDNESDAY! Don’t forget to send in your $0.50 on TUESDAY for a Wednesday delivery.
- SPIRIT WEAR: Overlook’s 2018 Spirit Wear sale has begun and will run all year. The company updated the link to order: https://overlookspiritwear2019.itemorder.com. Orders will be processed on the 1st and 30th of every month and will be fulfilled 3 weeks after store closing date. Questions: Contact Laura S. at email@example.com.
- OVERLOOK REWARDS:
- AMAZON SMILE: AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that donates 0.5% of your purchases to the ‘Overlook Parent Teacher Organization’ if you register and select ‘Overlook Parent Teacher Organization’ as your charity of choice.
- BOX TOPS: We earned $500 in rewards from our first collection of Box Tops. Please continue to clip and send them in with your child, labeled with Student Name and Teacher. There is also a Box Tops Bonus App, an amazing app that you can download. You select what you bought, take a picture of your receipt and submit. Only specific items are available through the app so make sure you check it before you shop!!
- GIANT A PLUS REWARDS: The program has started for this school year. If you have never registered your card, please visit the website for more information on how it works. Last year we earned $2,000 for our school.
- SAVE THE DATES:
- Chipotle Fund Raiser: February 4th from 4:00 pm-8:00 pm at the Chipotle in Abington, 1437 Old York Road. A flyer will be posted on facebook that you can use at the register in either digital or printed forms or you can just mention that you are from Overlook. In order to receive a check for 33% of sales we need $300 in total sales. Spread the word to friends and family.
- PTO MEETING February 25 at 7:00 pm in the Overlook Library. Dr. Fecher will be joining us for a presentation and to answer any questions.