BLINGO: Fri, March 23, 2018 Doors open 6pm, First game 6:30 This year, we are emphasizing OVERLOOK PROUD SPIRIT by selling debossed silicone bands. All purchases include free “door prize basket” tickets as a thank you for your support! In addition to “Blingo” and door prizes, there will be a silent auction as well! Don’t miss out on pre-order pricing! Pre-Order Form is also available ONLINE. We also need many night of volunteers. Sign up here.
- SPIRITWEAR DONATION: Clean your closet, share the spirit! Donate gently used Overlook Spirit Wear now thru Friday, March 23. Send them in a bag with your student to get dropped off at the school lobby – there will be a collection bin marked for Spirit Wear donations. Donations will be sold at a nominal cost as a fundraiser at the 3/23 Blingo Night.
- BOX TOPS: Thanks to everyone who submitted box tops. Those 10 cent box tops added up to $617 for the school. 5 students were randomly selected to win a $5 USwirl gift card. Congratulations to Nathan Lorenz, Jordan Rowley, Landon Bateman, Asher Mosert, Dania Abuawaadeh. Keep Clipping!! We will be collecting through the end of the school year.
- MARCH MADNESS HOAGIE SALE: Lee’s Hoagie House in Abington will be generously donating 15% of all proceeds from orders that mention Overlook Elementary from Thursday 3/15 – Monday 4/2, so be sure to mention Overlook when ordering so that we get the credit. Online orders do not go towards the donation, so make sure you either order in person or via telephone.
- PSSA POWER WORDS: The PSSA test is coming up. To prepare, we are going to find the most important word ever!!! Students will be given a list of vocabulary words in a March-Madness-style bracket. The goal is to have students think critically about each vocabulary word as it “competes”. Please fill the bracket out at home and take your time discussing each word and how important it might be for the PSSAs. There is no right or wrong answer. Please, have your children hand in their finished bracket to their teacher by Thursday, March 8th. Each day, starting March 12th, we will choose a word to “win” and move on. A large bracket will be located outside of the cafeteria.
Your student will come home with two blank copies of the bracket. One is to hand in. The other is to be used to follow along each day. Please make sure that they are identical.
Whoever has the most correct bracket will win a Rita’s and pizza party for their class. Ten other students will be randomly chosen and win a $5 gift card to U-Swirl. Prizes are provided by the Overlook PTO.
CAPTURE PICTURES OF NOCTURNAL ANIMALS IN ABINGTON: As a school, we are working to collect pictures of “things that go bump in the night” in Abington. If you own or have access to a trail cam, please set it up to take pictures or animals at night at your home. Any pictures taken can be emailed to Mr. Carroll. Any overnight tracks left in the snow are great too! Briar Bush will help identify the pictures or tracks.
- OVERLOOK DAY WITH UNION SOCCER: Saturday April 28 3:30pm VS DC United Order tickets HERE. Premium sideline seats $42 ($7 goes back to Overlook) and Value corner or north end seats $26 ($4 goes back to Overlook) If you can’t make it on the 28th, alternate games include April 7th vs San Jose or May 19th vs RSL and Overlook will still get credit. Orders need to be placed by April 1st.
- MARCH PTO MEETING: Tuesday, March 20 at 7 PM with 5th Grade Parents Meeting following the regular PTO meeting. Letters will be coming home with students on how you can get involved for the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, Principal Perlman will be giving a presentation on school safety at Overlook, and be available to answer any questions regarding this important topic. Visit the PTO website for meeting agenda and past meeting minutes.
- GERTRUDE HAWK SALE: Paper order forms were due on February 23rd, but online orders are still accepted: gertrudehawkfundraising.com Group# 715137
- CHESS CLUB: Last day of chess club this Monday from 3:20 (right after school) to 4:20. Questions: email@example.com.